Thursday, July 10, 2008

Summer Jobs

ok, i haven't posted for a couple of days, but Ive been REALLY busy! i have a job this summer working at a camp program. its basically the city's elementary level summer school from 8:30-12:30, and then most kids go home, while only like 100 or so stay for the camp from 12:30-3:00. its actually really cool! On the first day, we got to choose what age group we would feel most comfortable working with. i chose the kindergartners, because i have a 5 1/2 year old brother. they're all so cute in the morning. THREE of them in my morning classes have big creepy crushes on me! its really funny how they fight for my attention! =] some of my friends who have drifted pretty far away from my other friends are working at this camp, and Ive gotten closer all over again to some of my former BBF's. and, honestly, i can find nothing wrong with getting paid! =]
In other news, our softball team has been rocking! we are totally undefeated! i am really liking playing left field instead of catcher. its really weird, but playing a new position in a 'set position league' is like running for your life in new shoes. but since i threw my arm out last week, during practice, my coach has been putting me in left, and i got used to it. now, today, all of a sudden, DURING A GAME, he puts me at second. i really DON'T KNOW much about playing second. i made a couple of errors, but then i got the hang of it in time to make the third out. i don't know what he was thinking. i haven't played second base in like, 4 years, since the minors in little league! so it was like breaking in new shoes, in one of the most stressful games of the season so far! i really have to practice at second. this game shows me how much time i spend only on my normal position, catcher, and how little time i spend on all the other positions!
well, its pretty late, so I'm going to go to bed. this way i can be semi-conscious for work tomorrow. <=]
pce - Liv

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Cool about the summer job & softball going so well!

Thanks for the comment. I really appreciate it. I've never done any story quite like this one.

Manga Dork said...

Hey your job sounds relly cool!!
Congrats on softball !!

anaaaaaaishh :D said...

sounds cool:] thanks for the comment and it would be awesome if you came back<3 I love getting comments. lol.