Tuesday, July 14, 2009

dirt

Really, most girls don't like dirt. the stereotypical girl loves pink, flowers, dresses, rainbows, and dolls. and while i hold no particular grudge against any of these things, i am not the stereotypical girl. i purposefully choose the most difficult tasks. I weld. I play electric guitar. I play football. I play catcher in softball. I play goalie in FH. so today, when i come home from my softball game, and I'm caked in about 5 layers of mud, dirt and grass, my friend, being a completely stereotypical girl freaks out and practically throws me into my own bathroom. I LOVE getting all dirty like that. I'm always diving for stuff, and sliding into stuff and launching myself at my brothers, and (stupidly) throwing firecrackers near mud puddles so they throw fountains of muck into the air. don't get me wrong, there is nothing quite like the feeling of getting clean after being dirty, and i detest being dirty for long amounts of time, but in my mind, being dirty shows that you put effort into something, and whether the dirt is a result of failure or success, the fact that you showed enough effort to get that dirty is respectful. and there you have my revelations of dirt.

We got our asses kicked in softball today. we tried, but we just couldn't make it. we shouldn't feel so bad though, because the team we faced is #1 in the league and we were tied for more than half the game, but still. it's disappointing. old friends who graduated last year and played varsity softball came back to help with the summer ball. it's fun to see everyone again. i missed them. its a funny thing, playing on a sports team. I've played softball from little league in 3rd grade to summer travel softball and i know so many people who i never would have known before. i have friends who are in their second year of college who i played tournaments with/against, and had the same coach for little league with. we're a small little community. :)

after i got my braces off last month, i was given a retainer and the usual lecture about how wearing it would prevent blah-blah-blah. honestly i stopped listening after the first 3 seconds. Ive heard the freaking speech before, and my orthodontist could talk forever. like, seriously, i could stop him mid sentence and be like: Hey? y'know? I've been listening to you talk for 10 minutes and i have no idea what you just said. seriously. give it a rest. anyway, i lost the retainer... I've only been wearing it every few days and i put it somewhere last Friday and now i cant find it. this is really not good. i have an appointment Monday... =P

i walked over to a friends house yesterday and we got bored so we grabbed our guitars and wrote a song.its not completely finished yet, but its getting there. when its done ill record it and put it on here so you guys can give us some feedback. its got a sort of hard-rock feel, with a rebellious attitude. fun stuff. then we just drank an entire bottle of champagne and i crashed of her couch while house re-runs played in the background. which is why i didn't post yesterday... <:)

that just about sums up my last couple of days :)

Current:
song: Lazy generation - the F-ups
mood: exhausted but happy
inspirational quote: "Life is short, break the rules. forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably, and never for one second regret anything that once made you smile." - anonymous
funny quote: "HIGH SCHOOL: noun - the point in your life where you realize that everything CAN get worse and everyone IS out to get you." - anonymous

pce-love-Liv

2 comments:

Cait said...

I think its cool you do all these sports..I'm too lazy. But I like to go for long walks and hit the tennis ball around.

You're great...and I hope you are spending some time with your music too.

Cait said...

wow..I'm not sure the last time you read dk;dc. Gordy is still around, but he's with someone new. Not with Serena (the armed chef) but she's with his best friend Floyd. Emily & Rosco split up. Bella married Fish and she's going to have his baby. Some of the story focuses on Bella & Emily's Mom now, too. You might not remember any of those characters.

Thanks for the note.