Monday, July 20, 2009

100th Post! (Among Other Things)


First of all, I have to say WHOOHOO! Ive reached my 100th post. I haven't had alot of time for posting this past week, so let me catch you up.

In welding I have finished my first little sculpture, and although the lighting really sucks in this picture, I have no other pictures, and no way of taking any more for a few days, and i want to know what you think, so let me know! The tree and it's branches are made out of twisted iron, while the gold tips of the branches are bronze and flux. the little structure to the left is made out of stainless steel and has a little hold plasma-cut through as if to give you a view of the tree without being able to reach it. I'm exceptionally proud that i FINALLY managed to weld the branches onto the tree without burning my fingers all the way off. =]

In softball we've played kings bridge and ossning. we beat both of them! =] the kings bridge field was the same one we played on last summer. its a small, sad, but proud lot field next to a highway in the Bronx. the dugouts have tin roofs and have holes where you can push pebbles through and watch them clink down a small hill to the freeway, but it's a homey place. I like it, despite everyone on my team freaking out about it's conditions. I was warming up the pitcher in the bullpen and a wild pitch went over the fence i stood and watched it disappear under car after car as until it fell into a drain. i actually have a photo of one of the dugouts and home plate. It was taken a long time ago, so the dugouts are blue. now they're green.


Ossning was a home game. I was out in left field for most of it. it was very uneventful. since nothing was happening, my coach took me out and put a rookie out to learn the position. I'm moving up into another league next year, and she's going to be filling my spot. i relaxed after that. I lounged on a bucket of balls next to a returning alumni and we talked about random things for the remaining part of the game.

When we got home, i felt like running. I had to get out of my house, so i threw on a black t-shirt and a pair of basketball shorts, stuck my iPod into my pocket and tied my sneakers on my way out the door. I blasted some rock tune and ran, focusing on keeping my breathing at marathon tempo. After a while I gave up on trying to run around a track and I ran through the highlands neighborhood. It was the time of day between dinner and sunset and there were people everywhere. Old people jogging at a mile an hour, yuppie couples wearing matching tennis outfits walking a toy sized dog, college students running cross country, and groups of kids bouncing a basketball, or tossing around a baseball. it was the time of day where everyone also felt the need to be doing something. I cant even remember how far i ran, but i ran through 17 songs on m iPod before my twitching muscles carried me back up the steps to my house just as the sun started to disappear.

I cooked myself breakfast for dinner and made a strawberry-apricot-banana shake. it was great. i find it funny that i cook better than my cousins who are fully grown and have their own apartments. Dorm life in college will be interesting...

Ive been messing around on my guitar alot, trying to figure out hotel California by the eagles when i heard some new bands on the radio. Note- these all came from different radio stations, and their all VERY different types of music, but from what i heard i like them. have you heard of them, and can you recommend any songs?:

The Darkness
Blindside
The Coral
LP
All Time Low
SFA

Summer is running out for me. I leave for a 2 week vacation with my dad in 2 weeks and I have to complete my summer assignments because when i get back from that, I have 5 days until pre-season starts for field hockey, and then my life is officially over. My mom has been all over me to do my summer schoolwork so it seems like i only have a few hours of ME time left. I have 4 hours in the city with nobody around and no parents on Wednesdays and Thursdays, so i figure ill walk around, get some food, see some sights. hell, Ill ride the subway for 4 hours all over the place if it means i can be alone. I just need some alone time every once in a while. I have to remember to stop in the grand central marketplace, Lilac chocolates makes the best fudge and my little brother is coming home Friday! =D

That's about it for now...

Current:
song: silence - Blindside
mood: confused
inspirational quote: "I don't forgive people because I'm weak, i forgive them because i am strong enough to realize people make mistakes, that people change, and that one action shouldn't define a person for their whole life."
funny quote: "I DIDN'T DO IT! Oh, wait, THAT... Yes,I did do THAT."

pce-love-Liv

2 comments:

Sydney said...

i'm back!

and congrats, congrats, congrats to your 100th post

taffy. said...

happy one hundredth!

i have a couple of friends from ossening and your tree is soo cool.