Wednesday, November 5, 2008

OBAMA WON!

I really can't say I'm surprised, I mean, for every 5 points Obabma got, McCain got 1, and it was over at like, 11. exactly when the west coast polls closed. I just have to say this, (i mean ABSOLUTELY NO OFFENSE to all you republicans <=]) YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The only thing i really didn't like about McCain was Sarah Palin. My brother came up with (probably his only politically funny thing EVER) an idea for one of my many 'iron-on' shirts: it will have a picture of Sarah Palin on it (still no offense to republicans) and say in huge quotes: "I'LL BE BACK IN 2013!" hopefully, you guys will pick it up faster than some of my friends. anyway, I was up until like 1 watching speeches over and over again. I was watching the crowds on TV after Obama was projected the winner, and i was like 'OMG! Jesse Jackson is just standing in the crowd crying!'. it was a special moment. I was over at one of my mom's friend's houses when they announced Obama the projected winner, and it was like new year's eve when they showed Cali, Washington, and Oregon Blue! There was screaming, and my brother actually showed more interest in politics then than I've ever seen in his whole life. I'm actually feeling really deep right now...
It was like watching history get made, only we were a part of it. He will be the president for the next four years, and we're finally old enough to fully understand what that means. Finally America can stand up and say everyone's equal. hopefully there will be a woman president soon. and who knows where we will go from there.
Ok, the deep feeling's passed. =] I am extremly proud of myself this quarter in school. Ive managed to fake 2 projects, 5 essays, a whole quarter's worth of homework assignments, and still maintain my B-to-A grades. =] by 'fake' I mean 'put-off-till-the-last-possible-second-and-do-it-during-lunch-or-Latin' I mean, we havent learned anything new in latin since 2 years ago. according to the state standards, me and the only other 8 people in our level (who have taken lating together for the last 3 years, minus the new sophmore girl) are learning alot, but all we do is translate stories. =/ so i jsut do my geometry and global homework. the way my schedule works, I have latin class 4th, geometry 5th, and global 6th, so it lets me 'fake' all homeworks for those classes. =] It's really a bad habbit, and i keep telling my self I'm going to break it, but i just can't. It's addicting, and it's erased the entire feeling that probably ties all of your stomach's into knots when you forget to do something. It used to make me nervous, if i forgot to do a homework, and then had to do a rush-job to finish it during some other class, but now, I just can't get myself motivated enough to actually do it at home. =[ I've gotta work harder on that. on to new topics: There's this songwriters club that meets every thursday and monday. I think I'm gonna bring my guitar to school tomorrow and gibe this club a shot. who knows? maybe I'll like it! =] Spring sports... I know it's probably a little too early to be really considering it, but the softball coach wants a definate answer from me now. i dont know why. maybe because all my softball friends who said they were doing softball in the highschool? yeah them? well, it turns out they're NOT doing softball this year, so he's probably all wary of who's gonna drop. I'm still torn between lacrosse and softball. I was a great lacrosse goalie, but it hurts to play lacrosse. Im good at softball, and its mainly painless, but all my friends are going to be playing lacrosse. I dont know. i'll probably end up doing softball anyway, because it's what i love, that's what it's all about right? wow. this is my longest post in a while. I've gotta get some sleep though. Ive been up late every night for a week, and it takes it's toll. 'nite everybody! lol =]
pce-love-Liv

2 comments:

taffy. said...

no worries.
i fake things all the time.

Anonymous said...

YES, OBAMA!! I like him so much ^^ And as I'd like to live in the US, I'm really glad he won. Did you see the EMA's? Katy Perry wore this great yellow dress with Obama's face on it, it was really cool :) And 30 Seconds to Mars (they were hosting the VIP zone) also wore Obama t-shirts, and Jared Leto started cheering for Obama, it was amazing!
Haha, 'faking' stuff, I do that too ^^ It's like 15 minutes before the bell rings, I ask all my friends "Math homework, anyone?". That's when I do them (when I do them).
You take latin? Wow. My language comes from latin and we don't have latin classes ^^ The only thing I know in latin is probably
Carpe diem
I love it when you talk about sports! And btw, you should really try that club :)
Thank you for your comment! That theatre-scene must have been hilarious (I went to see Disturbia too, and there was this time when I jumped off my seat and as my feet were leaning on the seat in front of me - no one was there -, one of my ballet flats just flew off. I had to get down on my knees and look for it in the dark =P)
Aw, your sister's name is beautiful! Reminds me of the Sleeping Beauty (Aurora was her name, right?). And Rory is so sweet ^^

Take care!
Raspberry