Wednesday, January 28, 2009

MIDTERMS

OK!!! I know, I've been gone for a really long time, but it's been a hell of a week and a half. ok, last week sucked. it was basically all midterm review crap, and i got bored of it all, so i decided to make a facebook!!! yay! =] now today, i told my dad about it to avoid a repeat of the meltdown which occurred when my parents found out about my blog. So now i have to watch what i say online cause if i mention things i don't want them knowing, they'll pull the guilt trip on me, and i have this huge soft-spot for that. <=] on Saturday, our newly formed band, Th!rD DeMeNt!oN had it's first official practice. The singer and the lead guitarist came over to my house along with another friend who will be designing our label, and we rocked out from 4, to about 730 when we stopped to grab a piece of pizza on our way out the door to a Battle Of The Bands concert at our county center. we missed the first band entirely, but i was told that we didn't miss much. the second band was Okay-ish. Their lyrics and stage presentation left something to be desired, but the music was alright. the third and fourth bands sucked completely. but the fifth band was ok. The singer was really cute, and the lead guitarist, A completely freaked out and dragged us from the way back of the floor back to the front for their set list. The sixth band was so awful that we decided to go all the way to the back of the center and sit against one of he columns. we were sitting there when the cute singer guy from the fifth band, faded aces was standing like 20 feet away, and A dared me to go talk to him. I said something along the lines of 'you're on', and managed to get out about 2 sentences of crap about his band before asking if i could take a picture for proof. I fiddled with my camera phone for 5 minutes before realizing that it didn't HAVE a flash, so i apologized for making him wait and went back to our pillar, where we all cracked up. the seventh band was AMAZING!!!!! their name is Ever Since, and I swear to you, they are the real deal. its like a mix of the Killers, Paramore, Lifehouse, Blink-182, and a splash of Secondhand Serenade and All American Rejects. I bought their CD, and got all four of them to sign it. =] i've actually been walking around school listening to a WALKMAN just so i can hear their music. anyway, the eighth band was a non-vocal metal band from our school, and they were really good, but they 'experienced some technical difficulties' about halfway through their set list. by the last band, everyone prety much had their minds made up, and Ever Since ended up winning while band number 2 took 2nd. Their name was Noise in the Attic. well, Monday started crazy psycho midterm week, and yesterday i took my english and geometry midterm before getting kicked out of the building at 11. then i was dragged into the city by my mom. i thought she was just dragging me down broadway to run yet another errand for her incapacitated sister, but it turned out we were going for a visit to her old office building. I hadn't seen many of those people in years, and it was actually alot of fun. =] thank god it snowed today, because otherwise i would have been forced to take both a Global history midterm AND a biology midterm in the same day, and my head would have exploded. XP well, today i was talking to a whole bunch of my crazy friends. it was the kind of snowday where you catch up with everybody. =] I hope you all can forgive me, and I PROMISE to start posting more regularly as soon as testing week is over. <=]
pce-love-Liv

5 comments:

taffy. said...

band sounds awesome

Anonymous said...

liv, i love facebook, totally pwns myspace in my opinion. reviews always help me in finals take advantage of it! we always have botb during the summer, so gripping to watch and i mainly go cos my brother's band plays. they placed second last summer. good luck on testing and everything. ace.

Anonymous said...

Great to know about your band :)
And the other bands too, it seems like you had loads of fun!

Sydney said...

sounds liek a really great BOB.

the whole camera phone thing made me laugh.

i'm extremely jealous that you are in a band.

i was in an 8th grade band.

i was the groupie. :)

Anonymous said...

yes, livie, chris mccandless went by alex supertramp. it's tough, my brother said the extent people went to when he was my age was hotboxing, which was like two years ago. which is smoking weed in an enclosed car. sometimes i wish i wasn't as realistic as i was and always had to have the facts. how did you end up doing on your mid-terms? good marks i hope! update soon.